School of Professional Studies
The School of Professional Studies is intended for the adult student who has some college level experience but never finished a four-year degree.
The program is specifically designed to meet your needs as a working adult, particularly if you:
- are currently employed in a professional or preprofessional position and want to expand your employment opportunities
- occupy a managerial/leadership position but must obtain a degree for further professional advancement
- have faced challenges starting or completing your college education due to life circumstances or geographical constraints
- are a military active-duty soldier or veteran looking to advance within the military ranks or transition into civilian life
General Admission Requirements for Four-year degree
- Completion of an Associate degree from an accredited college/post-secondary institution.
- Students without an Associate degree must
- be at least 23 years of age or five years full-time professional work experience post high school, and
- Completion of at least 60 transferrable semester credit hours from an accredited college/post-secondary institution, military service, credit by examination, or credit by demonstrated competency [of the 60 hours at least 40 hours must be from an accredited institution of higher education].
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or better on all prior academic work.
- Document basic computer proficiency. Normally this will be accomplished by transfer credit from an accredited institution of higher education. Students who cannot document computer proficiency must enroll in CS 090 Introduction to Computers or CS 135 Basic Computer Literacy their first semester at MACU.
General Admission Requirements for Two-year degree
- Be at least 23 years of age or five years’ full-time professional work experience post high school, and
- cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or better on all prior academic work.
Associate of Arts: Biblical Studies
Bachelor of Science: Major in Christian Ministry and Major Biblical Studies
Bachelor of Science: Major in Organizational Leadership with a minor in Biblical Studies
Bachelor of Science: Major in Family Studies with a minor in Biblical Studies
*Students may also add a minor in Military Science (Army ROTC).
Download the School of Professional Studies Catalog