Christ Episcopal Church (CEC)
Children’s Ministry Job Description
Job Title: Children’s Ministry Director (CMD)
Reports to: Parish Administrator/Rector
Position Status: Part-time (approx. 8 hours per week, $15 per hour). The CMD must be available to be on site at Christ Church from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM most Sunday mornings; the rest of the hours can be completed under a flexible work schedule on site or at home.
Purpose: The CMD is responsible for teaching, providing oversight, planning and curriculum development of the children’s Sunday School program at CEC. The purpose of this position is to teach the Holy Scriptures and to nurture the love of Christ into the hearts and minds of the children of the parish.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Plan and teach youth Sunday school as well as provide oversite to Sunday school volunteers.
- Plan annual Vacation Bible School program.
- Plan annual Christmas Pageant and other special youth events.
- Assist with Acolyte ministry.
- Work with Youth Director to plan family-oriented parish events.
- Work with Music Director to plan monthly music for worship service.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Create a vibrant and welcoming environment in the Sunday school rooms.
- Organize and generate the curriculum of Sunday School in coordination with other Children’s Ministry employees and volunteers.
- Provide Parish Administrator in a timely manner with curriculum and current children’s news for newsletter publication.
- Management of Supplies
- Assure that all necessary supplies are in the classroom prior to the start of all sessions. Purchase inventory, as needed, and provide receipts for reimbursement.
- Prepare curriculum lesson and activities for each week and email monthly lesson schedule to Parish Administrator and volunteers a month ahead.
- Report to the Vestry liaison on status of Children’s Ministry for liaison’s report to monthly Vestry meetings.
Has a personal, active and growing relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
- Energetic, warm and able to share the love of Jesus to children and their families.
- Is comfortable with visiting church families involved in Christ Church.
- Able to balance work and school/family.
- Physically capable of sustained activity.
Knowledge and experience in Biblical interpretation, child development (and faith development) and religious educational theory and practice.
- Maintains confidentiality as appropriate and accountable with church resources.
- Seeks opportunities to grow professionally.
- Understanding of Anglican/Episcopal theology, polity, and Liturgy is preferred.
Interested applicants should email their resume to The Rev. Daniel M. Cenci at email@example.com
The Rev. Daniel M. Cenci
Christ Episcopal Church
200 S. McMorrine Street
Elizabeth City, NC 27909
Office: (252) 338-1686
For more information, contact:
The Rev. Daniel M. Cenci