PLEASE EMAIL RESUME TO: FCCNEWHIRE231@GMAIL.COM
Title: Senior Minister
The job of the Senior Minister is a full-time position. The Senior Minister will be under the oversight of the FCC Elders.
The FCC Senior Minister has primary responsibility for preaching and teaching the
Word of God and to provide leadership, shepherding and vision to the Body in partnership with
the Elders, Staff, Ministry Teams and Congregation. He will work along with the elders and associate minister to develop the strategy for the church’s next steps and with the congregation for personal spiritual growth and discipleship.
- Passionately embodies God’s word and lives out the gospel in his daily life.
- Shows a deep commitment to Christ and has heart for all people.
- As a baptized (immersed) believer, fully understands and supports the scripture-based
doctrine of the Restoration Movement.
- Consistent spiritual moral character and lifestyle.
- Competent in organization, administration and interpersonal relationships.
- Potential and desire to remain in a long-term (5 year minimum) ministry at FCC.
- Strong in biblical and expository preaching.
- Along with baptized members of his immediate family will place his membership with
First Christian Church and residence in the community.
- History of faithful ministry experience of at least five years and proven leadership in an
Outreach and mission minded church.
- Empowering leader who motivates the church toward growth.
- Computer proficient, able to relate to and participate in social media in a manner that
promotes, engages, and encourages the Congregation and others receiving the message
- A commitment to/and agreement with the statements of beliefs of First Christian Church as stated in the Constitution and Bylaws.
- Ordained in the Christian Church.
- A Christian/theologically based bachelor's degree, or higher, is required.
- Consistently delivers easily understood, Bible-based sermons that are
engaging, relevant and challenges those who hear to seek or deepen their
relationship with Jesus.
- Teach on Sunday mornings, evenings and Wednesday nights.
- Provides a focus on spiritual growth, discipleship, and Christian community.
- Maintains open communication with the Associate Pastor to ensure he is planning and directing the Youth and Children’s ministries through staff meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Eldership.
B. Leadership/Leadership Development & Discipleship:
- Leads the Congregation by example and by teaching.
- Cares for the spiritual and physical life of the congregation through supportive
listening, conflict management, referral to other professionals.
- In partnership with the Elders, Deacons, Staff, and Ministry Teams, implements the vision and mission of the church.
- Attend monthly Elders meetings and board meetings and report on church activities and the spiritual needs of the church.
- Provides oversight to staff members that allow them flexibility to accomplish
their responsibilities, focusing on our overall goals.
- In partnership with the Elders, adjusts to societal changes without
compromising the Christian doctrine.
C. Community and Outreach:
- Be a visual part of the community promoting Christ and our church, helping where certain skills can make a difference and be a positive influence.
- Carry out hospital visitation and ministry to shut-ins in partnership with the Elders.
- Conduct baptisms, premarital counseling, weddings, and funerals.
- Engages and works with other ministries and organizations to serve the
- Spends intentional time in the community.
- Equips and mobilizes the congregation in the role of evangelism and in the
development of strategic outreach ministries and initiatives.
- Maintain established office hours
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to FCC Search Committee C/O Jessica Freeman 231 E Fudge Street, Covington VA 24426
For more information, contact:
231 E Fudge Street