Full Time Student Minister Job Description
Ministry Description:To challenge, train, and equip students, volunteers, and parents to live genuinely for Christand to reach out to non-Christians. These efforts will involve serving as a key resourceperson and role model in administering, leading, developing, and coordinating all activitiesinvolving students from 6th to 12th grade.
Direct Report/Accountability: Senior Minister
Competencies and Expectations:
• Embrace the mission, vision, and values of Avalon Church of Christ
• Being a person of faith, practicing Christian principles
• Being flexible, and possessing the ability to multi-task, a high degree of organizational skills.
• Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality
• Maintain personal spiritual development through regular Bible reading, prayer and Christian fellowship
Areas of Responsibility:
• Utilize Planning Center administrative software to handle administrative and organizational processes related to student ministry.
• Participation in staff meetings and other required staff events
• Participation in Elders’ meetings, as required
• Create, submit, and effectively manage student ministry annual budget
• Develop and implement annual strategies to attract a broad and diverse youth group consisting of believers and non-believers
• Develop and implement annual strategies that target the smaller core of more spiritually mature students to lead them to higher levels of spiritual commitment and service
• Utilize regular programming to attract students and build the overall spiritual maturity (weekly students worship, small groups, etc.)
• Build an active presence of student ministry on social media platforms
• Strive to build solid relationships with students by spending time with them in their homes, and/or attending various activities such as athletic events, concerts, etc
• Plan and implement special youth activities throughout the year, involving other congregations as desired
• Recruit, train, and evaluate adult volunteers
• Preach as called upon by the Senior Minister; Be available for funerals and weddings as needed; Be alert for opportunities to evangelize.
Please submit all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or 844 Woodstock Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23464
For more information, contact: