Suburban Christian Church is seeking to fill an Associate Minister position which will involve the performance of all ministry related duties with a specific focus on youth related activities and ministries. This position will involve traditional youth minister activities such as teaching youth and children's classes, arranging youth events, and building relationships with the youth and children a Suburban and in our community. It will also include other general ministry activities such as preaching, visiting, evangelism, and church development. For a full job description and qualifications see www.suburbanchristian.org. To submit resumes or inquire about the position contact Charity Dowell or Rich Pannell at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the church at (276) 669-0591.
For more information, contact:
20290 Wood Howell Rd
Full Job Description
Longview Christian Church (LCC) exists to introduce Messy People to the one Real God producing eternally Changed Lives through Christ for His glory. LCC is pursuing an individual to join us in an associate minister role with a focus on the oversight and development of our youth programming and ministries (6th – 12th grades). Our search is based on the guiding belief that God has called us to ‘staff to grow’ based on His blessings of stable growth over the past several years. As such, some of the roles and responsibilities for this man will be determined by his own interests and giftedness along with the needs that develop out of the continued growth of LCC. The initial expectation is approximately 70% youth and 30% to these other areas.
LCC has a strong belief in team lead youth ministry rather than by one individual. This concept and other guiding principles can be discerned from the link above referencing “Youth Ministry Philosophy”. This associate minister role would have oversight and leadership responsibilities along with active participation; however, he must also be able to delegate significant roles and responsibilities to youth ministry leaders and teams.
- Responsible for the development and oversight of youth programming and ministries for LCC (6th - 12th) outlined in “Youth Ministry of LCC” (approx. 70%)
- Responsible for working with existing youth ministry leaders/teams and the recruiting and training of future leaders and team members) by incorporating the team concept and principles
- Oversight of existing programming and youth activities and a resource person for new programs and activities
- Seeks and establishes supporting and collaborative relationships with parents of youth
- Ensures the scheduling of various activities is coordinated with other church functions
- Participates on the LCC Preaching Team (meets weekly with team to facilitate a unified worship service in message and to preach approximately 2 – 3 times per year)
- Coordinates his weekly schedule with the Family Minister, Teaching Minister, and church office
- Regularly attends Elder meetings as requested by the Elders.
- Provides updates on spiritual growth and development of youth program and other areas of responsibilities
- Helps determine other areas of responsibilities, initially based on areas of interest and giftedness (approx. 30%)
- Growth of roles and responsibilities over time based on needs developed out of continued growth of LCC
- Assists in the pastoral ministry
- Possesses a real and personal relationship with God, reflected by the spiritual disciplines of prayer and scripture study
- Undergraduate degree in ministry related field with an education or youth background or related experience
- 3 – 5 years experience in a multi-staff setting
- Same Biblical foundation and beliefs as LCC
- Man that is married (or engaged to be married)
- Flexible and adaptable to a team ministry approach
- Willing to actively demonstrate a servant-minded heart
- Full time position on the church staff
- Responsible to the Family Minister, who will provide direction and oversight
- Expected to attend staff meetings and meet with the Family Minister regularly concerning the direction of youth programming and ministries
- $ 40K/yr +
- Depending on level of experience and education
- Annual performance and salary review aligned with fiscal year and budgeting process
For more information, contact:
2400 McCann Rd